Huggaroo Gem Product Manual
For model numbers:
Important: do not microwave the gel insert. It is for cold therapy only!
Microwave the eye mask with the hot insert inside it (or the hot insert alone) on high for 20 seconds the very ﬁrst time. This may not be long enough for your microwave but, for your safety, you must start with this lowest recommended heating time. If extra heat is desired, try 40 seconds the next time, then 60 seconds (max heating time). This product should be used warm, not hot. Allow your eye mask to cool to room temperature before heating it up again.
Chill the gel insert in freezer for at least 4 hours prior to use. We recommend that you place the gel insert in a ziplock bag and keep it in the freezer so it's ready to use whenever you need it.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW:
- Do not microwave the gel insert - it is for cold therapy only.
- You can microwave the hot insert by itself or the eye mask with the hot insert inside it.
- Do not allow your product's fabric to come in contact with any oil, grease, or food left behind in your microwave from prior cooking (popcorn, melting of butter, etc). Do not drip essential oils on your product.
- Always place product on a clean, dry plate first. Then place the plate with the eye mask on the microwave carousel. Never place your eye mask directly on the microwave carousel. Make sure that the eye mask does not brush against the walls or ceiling of your microwave, while spinning in your microwave. The carousel must be spinning throughout the heating cycle.
- Do not overheat your product. Use the shortest recommended heating time the very first time you heat your product. If extra heat is desired, try 40 seconds, then 60 seconds. The maximum heating time is 60 seconds. Why is this necessary? Because your microwave is unique. Microwaves vary significantly in power output (600W-1,600W) and their power decreases with age; this makes it impossible to have a single heating time for every customer.
- The eye mask and its contents may be very hot after microwaving! Please protect yourself and your loved ones by exercising caution and common sense when heating and handling.
- Inspect the eye mask for damage after each heating cycle and prior to use. Do not use if the product is damaged.
- Do NOT heat in a microwave, which does not have a spinning carousel. Do NOT heat with the carousel off.
- Do not use if you have neuropathy from diabetes or any other cause and have decreased perception of pain or temperature.
- Initiate product heating in the microwave from room temperature only. Allow your eye mask to cool to room temperature between heating cycles.
- Do not initiate heating or reheat if the product is wet or soiled for any reason.
- Do not place the product under a blanket or cover; the heat should be able to dissipate.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please let us know. We are here to help.