Natural sleep aid
The Huggaroo weighted blanket is a natural sleep aid. It can help you relax, fall asleep faster, toss and turn less at night, stay asleep longer, and feel more refreshed in the morning.
Deep pressure therapy. Sensory therapy.
The Huggaroo weighted blanket effectively lowers stress and anxiety. Its evenly distributed weight feels like a gentle, soothing hug. The steady pressure of the Huggaroo blanket activates the parasympathetic nervous system, lowers levels of stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline (thus decreasing anxiety), and triggers the release of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine, which improve mood and soothe aches. These are the same neurotransmitters released in our brains when we get a hug from a loved one!
Expertly crafted from premium materials
- Attention to the smallest details.
- Soft, elegant, beautiful fabric.
- The Extra fluffy (XF) Huggaroo blanket quilt is filled with extra cotton to make it extra thick and plush. The result is a one-of-a-kind, incredibly soft and luxurious blanket.
2 piece blanket for easy care
- We have placed sturdy double ties at 14 locations along the periphery of the inner quilt to help you secure it to the outer cover. Tie as many of those as you wish (the more, the better) to prevent the inner quilt from settling or sliding inside the cover. We recommend tying all 14 ties; that would secure the inner quilt in place and prevent any settling or sliding.
- Both the inner quilt and outer cover are machine washable on a gentle setting.
- Air dry/ air fluff in dryer for best results.
Designed by perfectionists in Nashville, TN.
- Huggaroo is based in Nashville, TN.
- The founder and CEO, Dr. Wendy Jordanov, is a former college professor with a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology and Research, and special expertise in Developmental Psychology.
- Huggaroo’s mission is to improve the quality of life of children and adults alike.
Get a hug. Give a hug back.
- We are committed to improving the lives of our customers and making a difference in our community.
- This year, we are donating 1% of our profits to One Simple Wish, a non-profit organization making a meaningful, positive impact in the lives of children in foster care.
- With every purchase you make, you are making a difference too. Thank you!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed!
- We at Huggaroo are totally committed to our customers’ wellbeing and satisfaction.
- Our goal is to delight you with our products and dazzle you with our service.
- We are always available to assist you. Just reach out to us and a person who genuinely cares will help you out right away.
FACTS ABOUT INSOMNIA AND ANXIETY
- Insomnia (struggling to fall asleep or trouble staying asleep at night) is very common in children and adults. 30% of adults have trouble falling or staying asleep most nights, and 68% (164 million Americans) struggle with sleep at least once per week.
- 25% of children ages 8-17 say they worry a great deal. Not only can anxiety lead to poor sleep but the reverse is also true: children who sleep poorly tend to have higher levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Failure to get enough sleep contributes to day time drowsiness, inability to concentrate, behavioral problems such as hyperactivity and aggression, and poor productivity. It can also contribute to or exacerbate health problems such as obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, and depression.
Other Benefits of Weighted Blankets
- Studies have shown that deep pressure and sensory therapy can help reduce tantrums, self-injury behavior, and stem repetitive behavior.
- The Huggaroo weighted blanket can be helpful to individuals with Insomnia and Anxiety; Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD), Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD); Restless Leg Syndrome; Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Down Syndrome; Cancer-related Pain and Anxiety; Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s disease.
IMPORTANT: Huggaroo cares about you and your loved ones. Please do not use this blanket on children who weigh less than 70 lbs. Our 6.5 lbs weighted blanket is perfect for children who weigh between 30 and 70 lbs.