Who is this blanket for?
- The Huggaroo blanket is designed for and best suited for children who weigh 30-80 lbs.
- Adults who prefer a lighter weighted blanket that covers only their chest, abdomen and upper thighs.
- The Huggaroo may be perfect for you if you are looking for a multipurpose, easy to carry around the house, super soft and snuggly weighted blanket.
Better sleep for your child (and for you)!
- The Huggaroo blanket is a natural sleep aid and can help children and adults relax, fall asleep faster, toss and turn less at night, and stay asleep longer.
Reduce stress and anxiety. Improve mood.
- The evenly distributed weight of the Huggaroo blanket feels like a gentle, soothing hug. It lowers anxiety and induces a sense of calm.
- The steady pressure of the Huggaroo blanket activates the parasympathetic nervous system, lowers levels of stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline (thus decreasing anxiety), and triggers release of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine, which improve mood and soothe aches. These are the same neurotransmitters released in our brains when we get a hug from a loved one!
Deep pressure therapy. Sensory therapy.
- In addition to providing deep pressure therapy, the Huggaroo blanket is a joy to snuggle with, whether you want to sleep, read, relax, or meditate. It is incredibly soft to the touch and visually soothing.
- The Huggaroo blanket size and weight are perfect for carrying around and multipurpose use.
Soft. Beautiful. Luxurious.
- The Huggaroo’s beautiful color and luxurious texture are a welcome addition to any decor.
Designed by perfectionists in Nashville, TN
- We have thoughtfully considered every last detail and refined our designs repeatedly to create what we consider perfect products. We are proud of our products and are confident that you will love them too. 🙂
Get a hug, give a hug
- We are committed to improving the lives of our clients and making a difference in our community. In 2018, we have committed to donate 1% of our profits to One Simple Wish, a non-profit organization making a meaningful, positive impact in the lives of children in foster care.
- With every purchase you make, you are making a difference too. Thank you!
Two piece blanket for easy care
When you receive your blanket, please unzip the duvet cover and secure the inner weighted quilt to it at all locations. That will keep the weighted inner quilt securely in place. The ties are not tied at the factory (in case you want to wash your blanket first; that is entirely optional).
Both the inner quilt and outer duvet cover are machine washable (cold, gentle setting would be best); air dry or air fluff in dryer for best results.
Facts About Insomnia and Anxiety
- Insomnia (struggling to fall asleep or trouble staying asleep at night) is very common in children and adults. 30% of adults have trouble falling or staying asleep most nights, and 68% (164 million Americans) struggle with sleep at least once per week.
- 25% of children ages 8-17 say they worry a great deal. Not only can anxiety lead to poor sleep but the reverse is also true: children who sleep poorly tend to have higher levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Failure to get enough sleep contributes to day time drowsiness, inability to concentrate, behavioral problems such as hyperactivity and aggression, and poor productivity. It can also contribute to or exacerbate health problems such as obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, and depression.
Other Benefits of Weighted Blankets
- Studies have shown that deep pressure and sensory therapy can help reduce tantrums, self-injury behavior, and stem repetitive behavior.
- The Huggaroo weighted blanket can be helpful to individuals with Insomnia and Anxiety; Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD), Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD); Restless Leg Syndrome; Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Down Syndrome; Cancer-related Pain and Anxiety; Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s disease.
IMPORTANT: Huggaroo cares about you and your loved ones. Please do not use this blanket on children who weigh less than 30 lbs.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- Your total satisfaction with our products and service is our top priority. If you are not happy, we are not happy!
- If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return it to us within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. For any reason whatsoever.
- If you ever have a question or need any assistance, please contact us. We love our customers and are here to help. 🙂